Archery is an excellent hobby for hunters and non-hunters as it helps build upper body strength and improves your aim and hand-eye coordination. If you're interested in an archery set for adults but have never shot before, you need to choose a beginners archery set for adults that makes sense for you. Here's what you need to know about picking a bow and arrow set for beginners like you.
What We'll Cover
- What is a Good Starter Bow for An Adult?
- What Size Bow Do I Need for My Height?
- What is a Good Boy Weight for a Woman and for a Man?
- The Best Beginner Bow and Arrow Set For Adults (Men & Women)
- Best Overall for Men: Bear Archery Cruzer G2 Adult Compound Bow
- Best Mid Range for Men: PANDARUS Compound Bow
- Best Value for Men: DOSTYLE Takedown Recurve Bow and Arrow Set
- Best Intermediate for Men: Monleap R3 Takedown Recurve Bow and Arrows Package
- Best Advanced for Men: TongtuArchery Takedown Recurve Bow and Arrow
- Best Overall for Women: Sanlida Archery Dragon X8 RTH Compound Bow
- Best Mid Range for Women: Wasp Youth Compound Bow
- Best Value for Women: JAKUNA Recurve Bow and Arrow Set
- Best Itermediate for Women: D&Q Archery Takedown Bow and Arrows Set
- Best Advanced for Women: Monleap Recurve Bow and Arrows for Adults
- Choosing the Best Beginners Archery Set for Adults
What is a Good Starter Bow for An Adult?
Most beginners should start with a simple, yet powerful, compound bow. Compound bows include pulleys that make pulling easier. The Bear Cruzer G2 is a strong beginner option for both male and female shooters because it includes adaptable weight pulls and an overall light and attractive design. It can also be adjusted for more advanced shooting as you improve.
What Size Bow Do I Need for My Height?
Bow sets vary depending on your height and weight. For example, someone up to 5'6” or below will do well with a 64-inch bow because it won't be too long to handle. Someone up to 5'10” will do well with a 66-inch bow. Other bow options include those for someone up to 6'2” (68 inches) and over that height (70 inches). Try out a bow in a sports shop to get a feel for how they work.
You may also like:
• Top 5 Best Hunting Bows
What is a Good Boy Weight for a Woman and for a Man?
Typically, men need a bow pull weight between 25-60 pounds, while women need one from 25 to 45 pounds. Men typically have more upper body strength than women, meaning that they can get more pull in their bows. Weight will affect your weight options, so see the chart below to see which bow weight is useful for you:
|Children||70-100 pounds||10-15 pounds|
|Female||100-130 pounds||25-35 pounds|
|Male||120-150 pounds||30-45 pounds|
|Female||130-160 pounds||25-35 pounds|
|Male||150-180 pounds||40-55 pounds|
|Female||160+ pounds||30-45 pounds|
|Male||180+ pounds||45-60 pounds|
The Best Beginner Bow and Arrow Set For Adults (Men & Women)
You may also want to read:
Best Overall for Men: Bear Archery Cruzer G2 Adult Compound Bow
Maximum-versatility bow is engineered for all ages and skill levels.Axle-To-Axle 30 inch
Ready to hunt bow comes equipped with six Trophy Ridge accessories
Adjustable from 12" to 30" draw length ra...
This archery set for adults is the best option for men for many reasons. First, you can adjust its pull weight from five to 70 pounds, giving you plenty of options. You can adapt this pull using an Allen wrench, meaning you don't need a bow press. It also weighs just three pounds, making it easy to hold for extended periods and perfect for beginners.
- It can provide a powerful shot for beginning and advanced shooters
- Includes a release tool that makes shooting easier
- RockStops offset that eliminates noise and vibration
- Some people may find it expensive
Best Mid Range for Men: PANDARUS Compound Bow
SPECIFICATIONS: Axle-to-Axle: 30.25" ; Draw weight: 0~70 LBS, Draw length: 19.25"~31" adjustable，Brace Height：7.3"， IBO Speed：320FPS，Let off:75% ，Hand Orientation:Right
PACKING LIST: 1*PANDARUS L1 ...
This option should work for you if you want a more affordable beginner bow for men. It provides a 0-70 pound pull option and comes with multiple accessories, like a brush arrow rest, rubber stabilizer, an arrow puller, six hunting arrows, and 12 practice arrows. In addition, its compound design makes it easier to operate for beginners.
- It can be used for target shooting and hunting
- The adjustable design makes it adaptable for learning
- A robust overall design
- It may be hard for some beginners to adjust
Best Value for Men: DOSTYLE Takedown Recurve Bow and Arrow Set
SIMPLE DESIGN-This Recurve Bow and Arrow Set Archery is simple designed for starters,designed for RIGHT HANDED shooters,very easy to use.
HIGH-QUALITY - Hard Wood Riser. Strong fiberglass limb. Lig...
Recurve bows are an excellent option for beginners because they require more strength and control. This value option is the best recurve set for beginners because it includes a balanced pull weight (about 40 pounds maximum) and multiple accessories that make it easy to adapt to numerous shooting situations.
- The price is very affordable
- A lighter pull weight for beginners
- Many different accessories to use
- Some may find it weaker than they want
Best Intermediate for Men: Monleap R3 Takedown Recurve Bow and Arrows Package
Archery bow features: Total bow length 58", bow string length 56" and made of 16 strand Dacron strings which is durable ,flexible and powerful. Bow riser length 17", bow limb length 53", max draw l...
As you learn more about shooting, you may upgrade beyond a beginners archery set for adults to this more intermediate option. Its fiberglass, aluminum, and wood design make it an attractive and lightweight option. Choose between 40, 45, and 50 pounds. The overall bow length of 58 inches makes it robust and compact enough for intermediate shooters.
- Surprisingly powerful for its size and weight
- Works well for target and hunting shooting
- A classic bow and arrow style
- It may feel stiff to some learning shooters
Best Advanced for Men: TongtuArchery Takedown Recurve Bow and Arrow
🌈Wooden Recurve bow 🌈 The bow limbs made of imported high-density maple and composite fiber material, offer the best toughness and power for the bow, rebound speed is fast and stable.
Advanced shooters may appreciate this high-quality archery set for adults. Its attractive wood design uses bamboo and some fiberglass to create a strong bow capable of up to 60 pounds. You may find both right- and left-hand options, making it diverse enough for multiple shooters. In addition, the easy-to-remove strings make it easy to adjust after each practice or hunting session.
- It includes multiple practice arrows
- The string silencer makes hunting easier
- Has adaptable limbs for easier adjustability
- Some advanced shooters may want a 70-pound option
Best Overall for Women: Sanlida Archery Dragon X8 RTH Compound Bow
Ready to hunt compound bow pro package comes equipped with a 5-pin sight, an arrow rest and a stabilizer, a wrist sling, a peep sight, 12 pcs arrows, a quiver, a release, an arrow puller, a bow sta...
This archery set for adults is an excellent option for women because of its adaptability. Even beginners can change the draw length and weight with minimal challenge. As a result, this option works well for beginner, intermediate, and advanced shooters. It can grow with you as you gain experience, providing a superlative all-around model.
- You can quickly adapt the draw length and weight
- Includes powerful composite material design
- Multiple style options
- Some beginners may find it a bit heavy
Best Mid Range for Women: Wasp Youth Compound Bow
Aluminum Riser, Great Entry Level Bow For Kids and Youth
Draw Length:16-26.5" | Draw weight:15-40lbs |Let off: 65% | Bow weigth: 2.6lb | Bow Riser: Aluminum
1 x Youth Compound bow -Right handed | 1...
If you can't afford the best model but don't want a budget option, you may appreciate this bow and arrow set. It provides an attractive and strong option that, while not as strong as the best model, still delivers up to 40 pounds. For most women shooters, that's more than enough pull. It also has several amenities and accessories, making it a great starter set.
- The lighter weight is perfect for beginners
- Its price is more affordable than some models
- Adaptable weight pull options
- The lower pull weight may not work for larger women
Best Value for Women: JAKUNA Recurve Bow and Arrow Set
Ideal Gift : This is the best gifts for teens, young and beginners. Archery teaches concentration and increase patience and self discipline. It will help teens not only promote physical activity bu...
Are you thinking of finding an archery set for adults but aren't sure if you'll enjoy the hobby? This budget option is a good choice for you. Designed for teens and women, it provides excellent value at a fraction of the price of other bow and arrow sets. Its ambidextrous design makes it adaptable to just about any shooter.
- You can set it up very quickly
- Fiberglass design with a soft-touch grip
- Lightweight style with an easy-pull feel
- A bit bare bones compared to other sets
Best Itermediate for Women: D&Q Archery Takedown Bow and Arrows Set
SIMPLE DESIGN: This recurve bow and arrows set is simple designed for beginner and Professionals, designed for right hand shooters, very easy to assemble and use.
HIGH QUALITY: These bow and arrow ...
We love this model for intermediate shooters because of its attractive style and durability. Its 40-pound pull is perfect for most women shooters and should give them enough power for hunting or target practice. For example, it's a great indoor archery set for adults beginner and intermediate shooters may enjoy.
- Adaptable for indoor shooting
- Strong enough for intermediate and advanced shooters
- An ergonomic grip provides maximum protection
- It may be a little longer for shorter women
Best Advanced for Women: Monleap Recurve Bow and Arrows for Adults
Recurve Bow Size: Total bow length 60", Bow string length 58" and made of 16 strand dacron strings which is durable ,flexible and powerful. Bow riser length 15", Max draw length 30"，Bow weight: 2.2...
This advanced bow provides a 60-inch length, making it an excellent option for advanced female shooters. Amazingly, this larger bow weighs just over two pounds, meaning it shouldn't wear down most shooters. The removable limbs make it simple to adjust and repair, particularly for regular hunters.
- The removable limbs are easy to change
- Strong wooden care reinforced with fiberglass
- Strong string with maximum power and versatility
- It may be damaged by “dry” shooting
Choosing the Best Beginners Archery Set for Adults
As you can see, finding an archery set for adults requires understanding the many products available and how they suit your needs. However, learning to shoot a bow and arrow can be a gratifying experience if you follow these tips. You can even find an indoor archer set for adults beginner shooters can enjoy or a garden archery set for adults that fits easily into your budget and lifestyle.
The responses below are not provided, commissioned, reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by any financial entity or advertiser. It is not the advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.