What We'll Cover
What Are the Best Camping Activities in Each Season?
To some people, camping means pitching a tent at a local campsite and sitting around a campfire making coffee in a great camping coffee pot. Camping isn’t camping unless some special campers are headed out on the open road in a luxury camper, with sights set on a National Park.
Regardless of the type of camping experience that an individual prefers, it’s important to know that anyone can go camping during any time of the year. Camping throughout the different seasons allows campers to try new and exciting activities during each visit.
Spring Camping Activities that Make the Spirit Bloom
As the ground begins to thaw and the air becomes mild once again, spring is often the perfect time to set out on the first camping adventure of the year. There are certain activities that campers can only enjoy during the springtime, including:
- Mushroom hunting for morels in the months of April and May.
- Hiking through the woods as plants and flowers begin to bloom again with your dog.
- Hunting for turkeys during the spring hunting season.
The world begins to come to life again in the spring, which is why so many campers like to head to their favorite campgrounds during this time of year. This is also a great time for hiking through wilderness as well.
Take a Dip into Summer with These Camping Activities
Summer is the season of vacations, and for campers that means there are many weekend trips as well as extended adventures on the books. Some of the preferred summer activities for campers include:
- Swimming in lakes, ponds and pools.
- Fishing off of docks and while floating on boats.
- Roasting marshmallows over late-night bonfires and watching the stars.
- Going caving.
- Checking out the hiking trails.
Summertime camping can be enjoyed by all campers in nearly destination around the country. Summer camping from ranging from the National Parks of the west to the east coast beaches. No matter where an individual decides to take their next camping trip, they will surely make memories that will last a lifetime.
Crisp and Cool Fall Camping Activities
As the air gets cooler and the leaves begin to turn shades of orange, red and brown, many people might assume that it’s time to head inside for the year. The best fun for campers is often during the months of Autumn;
- Competing at fall fishing derbies that are often held at campsites.
- Making a pot of stew over a raging campfire.
- Collecting fallen leaves and taking in the array of different colors.
- Visiting local orchards for apple and pumpkin picking.
- Do an autumn-themed scavenger hunt with your kids.
Fall camping may be chillier than spring and summer camping, but it’s no less exhilarating.
Camping Activities that take Advantage of that Winter Frost
When the snow drifts over the ground in a blanket of white, it is tempting for many people to snuggle up and hibernate for the winter. However, camping aficionados know that this is one of the best season to enjoy their favorite activities:
- Snowshoeing across winter landscapes.
- Ice fishing over stocked ponds.
- Cross country skiing to view winter wildlife.
- Go glamping for the ultimate winter wonderland camping adventure.
Campers may need different gear to enjoy these activities during the winter season, but the extra packing is always worth it. Whether a person is planning their annual camping adventure or they head out every weekend into the great outdoors, it’s always a good idea to have a list of new activities to enjoy. Adding something else to the itinerary that perfectly complements the old favorites, like star gazing and barbecues, is an easy way to make memories while camping that will last a lifetime.
The responses below are not provided, commissioned, reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by any financial entity or advertiser. It is not the advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.